httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Installing Apache 2.2.0 on AMD Opteron running SuSE 10
Date Sat, 15 Apr 2006 00:22:55 GMT
Alexey Polyakov wrote:
> Sorry for the offtopic, I was always wondering (even since Apache 1.3)
> - why does it require expat even in minimal installs? I thought expat
> is XML parsing library...

Three letters...

DAV

If you inspect a webdav request, you will see that the actual payload moves
from the traditional 'http headers' into a metadata xml stream.

Also, folks have conteplated offering a second '.conf' parser, one in an XML
format, although that has not come to pass, and wasn't the reason for building
with it, in the first place.