httpd-users mailing list archives

From jvz <jo...@jvz.co.za>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache, Virtual Hosting, Dymamic IP, DNS2Go, GoDaddy
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 12:33:13 GMT
Thx to everybody's help in this regard.
This seems to work:
Had to change the forwarding in godaddy to
realftp  http://www.realwebonline.net:81
realsms  http://www.realwebonline.net:82
and on my local pc the hosts files to
10.0.0.2        www.realftp.net:81
10.0.0.2        www.realsms.net:82

As I am also experimenting with NetTalk4 WebServer on the same PC you
may not get the results you may expect if you try and see these
webpages. http://www.realwebonline.net may give you a NetTalk4 page from
time to time.
The new improved script is:
NameVirtualHost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
       DocumentRoot "C:/_MySites/docs/realwebonlinenet"
   ServerName www.realwebonline.net
   #ServerAlias www.realwebonline.net realwebonline.net
   DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.htm index.php
   ErrorLog C:/_MySites/logs/realwebonlinenet-error.log
   CustomLog C:/_MySites/logs/realwebonlinenet-access.log common
</VirtualHost>
Listen 81
NameVirtualHost *:81
<VirtualHost *:81>
       DocumentRoot "C:/_MySites/docs/realftpnet"
ServerName www.realftp.net
   #ServerAlias www.realftp.net realftp.net
   DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.htm index.php
   ErrorLog C:/_MySites/logs/realftp-error.log
   CustomLog C:/_MySites/logs/realftp-access.log common
</VirtualHost>
Listen 82
NameVirtualHost *:82
<VirtualHost  *:82>          DocumentRoot
"C:/_MySites/docs/realsmsnet"                       ServerName
www.realsms.net
   ServerAlias www.realsms.net realsms.net
   DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.htm index.php
   ErrorLog C:/_MySites/logs/realsms-error.log
   CustomLog C:/_MySites/logs/realsms-access.log common
</VirtualHost>

jvz wrote:
> As I think about it, I think the easiest thing would be to forward your
>
> other domains to realwebonline.net:81 and realwebonline:82
>
> Then in Apache you can use mod_rewrite to do redirection from
> realwebonline:81 to medxinfo.net, etc.
>
> I wish I had time to help you figure out the details!
>
> --Larry
>
> jvz wrote:
>> Thx! It does make sense!
>>
>> Larry Flathmann wrote:
>>> Hi Johan,
>>>
>>> It looks to me like the problem is not with Apache, the problem is
>>> with your DNS forwarding.
>>>
>>> If you forward another domain to realwebonline.net, then Apache is
>>> going to receive a request for the realwebonline website, and Apache
>>> is going to respond with the realwebonline website.
>>>
>>> I'm not familiar with Dynamic DNS forwarding, but to get it to work
>>> you have to direct your DNS to the ip address of your server, not to
>>> the domain name of realwebonline.net.
>>>
>>> One workaround that you might try is to do your DNS forwarding to
>>> different port numbers. Then at your router or in Apache you could
>>> distinguish between the different websites by port number.
>>>
>>> Hope that helps!
>>> Larry

====================
Kind Regards,