httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel P. Brown" <...@parasane.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Question about graphic-only servers....
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:13:25 GMT

    Sean,

    First, you're correct about the content.  It is all static, and all
binary (all JPeg and GIF images).  Secondly, the traffic throughput has
been good - about 80-100Mbps steadily from three test points and the
point of origination.  Finally, the connections are set as follows:

    MaxClients: 2048
    StatServers: 10
    MinSpareServers 32
    MaxSpareServers 64
    MaxRequestsPerChild: 10000
    MaxKeepAliveRequests 0

    Perhaps I should've included the above configuration information in
my first post, as well.  Does anyone have any input on the configuration
as noted above, combined with my server and network specs, to achieve
the best possible outcome for this scenario?

    And yes, you're right.  The machines are great for what they're
doing - and could do quite a bit more processing, that's for sure.  I'd
love to set them up for a distributed computing network for something
like SETI or the like, but that's a completely different discussion, and
not my decision, as these are client systems.

    Thanks again, Sean.

--
Daniel P. Brown
Chief Forensic Investigator, Founder