httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matt Richards <m...@mattstone.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Reverse proxy by file ext / type
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2006 16:46:29 GMT
Hello :)

I have httpd running for a web interface to a like control site and all
requests to access users files are reverse proxied to a windows box due
to the requirment for asp support.
Everything is working fine although I would just like to add support for
perl scripts using mod_perl

I have a freebsd box running on this network that has the ablity to
parse perl files through mod_perl and apache, however, I dont want the
users to have to goto a different address to just parse perl scripts so
I would like to setup the already setup apache that is proxying
everything to a given domain to the win box.

I would like to set it up so if a request for a file with a ext of .pl
it will get proxied to the freebsd box and not the win box.
or .. i would like the same but for anything thats under
http://domain/userid/perl/ but for every user.

I would also like to keep the configuration as simple as possiable as it
is already starting to get quite complicated.

Does anybody know how this can be done?

Cheers,

Matt.