httpd-users mailing list archives

From "M.Makar Azer" <m2a...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] checkinstall error
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:49:35 GMT
I would like to thank all of you for you answers.
  I found out that if I just run " make install" instead of "check install" apache will install
fine without anyproblems but then rpm won't have any records of apache being installed on
your machine with you execute "rpm -q httpd".
  Aother thing is after executing "make install" I executed "checkinstall" to my surprise
it worked ONLY and the httpd package was created.
  I am not sure but it seems like checkinstall is looking for files that are only avialable
to it after executing "make install"
  The reason I like to use checkinstall is to create a package of what I want and to have
rpm aware of the package when its installed plus its neat, easy and clean way to uninstall
packages just by "rpm -e"

  once again thank you very much

Boyle Owen <Owen.Boyle@swx.com> wrote:
> [...]

Well, I'm glad we got that sorted out :-)

Returning to your problem, it seems that this is a bug:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-bugs/200505.mbox/%3C20050527053752.41C5F17F@ajax.apache.org%3E

I'm not sure there is a solution at the moment (apart from installing apache in /usr/local/apache2)...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

wrote:

> [...]
> will seem so far away.
>

> On 4/26/06, M.Makar Azer wrote:
>
> NO, ITS NOT ..Y? WHAT DOES THAT HAS TO DO WITH ANYTHING?
>

> Paul < paul.kain@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
> Is your caps lock key broken?
>

> On 4/26/06, M.Makar Azer
> wrote:
>
> I WASN'T REALLY RUDE I AM SORRY
> IF THATS HOW I CAME OUT LIKE - WAS JUST A QUESTION OF AM I IN
> THE RIGHT MAILING LIST OR NOT?
> AM I IN THE RIGHT MAILING LIST?
> HELP WITH APACHED INSTALLATION OR IS THIS AN ADVANCED MAILING
> LIST FOR ADVANCED USERS
>
> THATS ALL LARRY
>
> Larry Flathmann
> wrote:
>
> Calm down - nobody on
> this list is getting paid to help you. And being
> rude and demanding
> hurts your cause a lot more than it helps.
>
> You would probably get
> a lot more help if you told us that you had
> investigated the error
> message and needed some help understanding what
> you had found.
>
> M.Makar Azer wrote:
> > Isn't this mail list
> for HELP WITH APACHE INSTALL OR WHAT??
> >
> > */"M.Makar Azer" /* wrote:
> >
> > I am using
> checkinstall to instll httpd2 from the source code but
> > I ma getting this
> error message everytime i execute checkinstall
> >
> > libtool: install:
> error: cannot install `libaprutil- 1.la ' to a
> > directory not ending
> in /user/local/apache2/lib
> > make[2]: *** [install] Error 1
> > make[2]: Leaving directory
> >
> `/home/username/Desktop/software/httpd-2.2.0/srclib/apr-util'
> > make[1]: ***
> [install-recursive] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory
> >
> `/home/username/Desktop/software/httpd-2.2.0/srclib'
> > make: ***
> [install-recursive] Error 1
> >
> > **** Installation
> failed. Aborting package creation.
> >
> > I am using FC5
> >
> > Thanks

> ----------
> > Talk is cheap. Use
> Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls.
> > Great rates starting
> at 1¢/min.

> ----------
> > Blab-away for as
> little as 1¢/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls
> >
> > using Yahoo!
> Messenger with Voice.

> For additional
> commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>

> ________________________________
>
> Yahoo! Mail goes everywhere you
> do. Get it on your phone
> vices?promote=mail> .

> How low will we go? Check out Yahoo!
> Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.
> d.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com>

> Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls

the sender's company.