httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sebastian Reitenbach" <itlistu...@rapideye.de>
Subject [users@httpd] proxying on virtual host name
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:25:29 GMT
Hi,

i have one public IP address available, and I want two http hosts behind this
IP. With only one host, I would use virtual hosts, deciding on the used
hostname which site to show the user as the answer.

So with the firewall i cannot distinguish for source or destination IP
address, as both can be for each host. So I have to redirect all incoming
traffic to just one apache server. Is there a module available that will
analyze the HOST information sent from the client to the server, and then
redirect it to one or the other host?
Or is there something built into apache that can handle this on its own or any
other way?

any suggestions are welcome.

kind regards
Sebastian