httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Siegfried Heintze" <i...@signitek.com>
Subject [users@httpd] How to populate MSAccess Database while Apache HTTPD Queries it?
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 14:08:12 GMT
Sorry if this appears twice. When I did not see it echo I sent it again

-----Original Message-----

From: siegfried [mailto:siegfried@heintze.com]

Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 6:16 PM

To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'

Subject: Populating Microsoft MDB file and simultaneously querying it

I have some cygwin cron jobs populating a Microsoft Access database while
users are trying to simultaneouly query the database via C#/httpd.

I think my problem is that the cygwin cron jobs are running in the
Administrator account and they create a .mdl file (the lock) under the
administrator account and then, while httpd can open the .mdb file (because
I put an access control list on it), httpd cannot open the mdl file (because
the cron job just created it with the Administrator account).

What account should my cron jobs be running in to be compatible with with
httpd? I think they could all access the database fine if they were all
running in the same account?

Thanks,

Siegfried