httpd-users mailing list archives

From Duncan Krebs <krebs...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache Binds to all IP addresses with Listen directive
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 14:53:41 GMT
Hi,
  I'm trying to run Apache and IIS on the same machine using different IP addresses. From
reading up in the doucmentation it sounds like if I only want Apache to bind to specific IP
addresses I can use the Listen ipaddress:port directive to specify which IP addresses I want
to use. I currently have three Listen directives in the configuration file, I start apache
as a service which starts fine but then when I try to start an IIS website on a specific IP
address not specified in one of my Listen directives I still get an error saying Address already
in use. When Apache is not running it starts fine.

  Does anyone know if I have to include more information to stop apache from binding to all
IP addresses or should the presence of atleast one Listen directive prevent it from binding
to all IP's? Thanks for any help - Duncan