httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Pyeatt, John" <john.pye...@berbee.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Trying to get SSI directives processed after request has been processed by Tomcat app server.
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 22:35:25 GMT
I am working with a customer with the following basic configuration. They are running Apache
1.3.33 and make heavy used of mod_include.

A new project has come up that uses J2EE web applications. Our intent was to have Apache forward
requests for .jsp to Tomcat 5 (running on a separate server) via mod_jk.The JSP-generated
response would include SSI directives which would subsequently be processed by mod_include
on httpd just prior to heading out the wire back to the browser.

I suspect the short answer is "you can't do that". If it can be done I would appreciate any
guidance with httpd.conf configuration that would work.

If the answer is "you can't do that in Apache 1.3.*, but you can in Apache 2.*" then I can
investigate that option.

I understand the configuration I am talking about is very goofy. The reason for goofiness
would take pages to explain and besides, if everything were simple, we'd all be out of work.

John Pyeatt
Berbee Information Networks
Phone: 608-288-3000
Cell: 608-658-0871