httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Salisbury" <salisb...@globe.gov>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Trying to get SSI directives processed after request has been processed by Tomcat app server.
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:01:13 GMT

Seems you've gotten two different responses to this John.  This is something that I just may
be wondering
about in the future myself, so if you can post back to the list whether you were successful
or not that wuold
be appreciated!

-Dave

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pyeatt, John" <john.pyeatt@berbee.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 4:35 PM
Subject: [users@httpd] Trying to get SSI directives processed after request has been processed
by Tomcat app server.

I am working with a customer with the following basic configuration. They are running Apache
1.3.33 and make heavy used of
mod_include.

A new project has come up that uses J2EE web applications. Our intent was to have Apache forward
requests for .jsp to Tomcat 5
(running on a separate server) via mod_jk.The JSP-generated response would include SSI directives
which would subsequently be
processed by mod_include on httpd just prior to heading out the wire back to the browser.

I suspect the short answer is "you can't do that". If it can be done I would appreciate any
guidance with httpd.conf configuration
that would work.

If the answer is "you can't do that in Apache 1.3.*, but you can in Apache 2.*" then I can
investigate that option.

I understand the configuration I am talking about is very goofy. The reason for goofiness
would take pages to explain and besides,
if everything were simple, we'd all be out of work.

John Pyeatt
Berbee Information Networks
Phone: 608-288-3000
Cell: 608-658-0871