httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Artem Kuchin" <mat...@itlegion.ru>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] migrating from apache 1.3 to 2.0 advice
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 06:14:47 GMT
Alexander Lazic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Don 06.04.2006 06:22, Noah wrote:
>>
>> I am considering upgrading from Apache 1.3 to 2.0
>
> Why not to 2.2?!
>
>> I am wondering if there is a good resource for things to know before
>> starting the procedure.  Something that describes what configuration
>> file changes could be challenging, etc.
>
> On my first step i have only changed:
>
> #ServerType
> #MinSpareServers 5
> #MaxSpareServers 10
> #ResourceConfig   /dev/null
> #AccessConfig     /dev/null
>
> I use worker-mpm.

as far as i know, yhey never fixed the problem with 'worker' that log messages from
cgi script go to the wronh log file. They go to the main server log instead of going to
virtual host log file. The problem is in mod_cgid and someone said  it is architectural problem
which currenctly cannot be fixed. So, i went back to prefork.

Artem