httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Van Crombrugge" <mark.vancrombru...@vliz.be>
Subject [users@httpd] French characters display as Chinese
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:26:32 GMT
I am hosting a few websites on my server for people learning to develop
websites: the ones in English are fine but the ones in French display the
French accentuated characters as Chinese...
The HTTP document contains <meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> in the header.
When I select "View - Encoding - Western European" instead of the default
"UTF-8" in Internet Explorer the characters are correct.

Someone has mentioned that I need to adapt the configuration of Apache: does
anyone have an idea what I need to add/change?

Thanks!
Mark