httpd-users mailing list archives

From Steve Nisbet <s.nis...@mmu.ac.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Multiple LDAP servers in mod_auth_ldap
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:15:06 GMT
Hi folks,
I have been using mod_auth_ldap in Apache 2.0 for some time, and apart from
falling over every now and then it functions fine. However, we have a number of
LDAP servers and I wanted a bit of resillience for authentication.

I noted that in the manual for mod_auth_ldap it is suggested that a number of
hosts can be specified, separated by spaces.
Heres the quote from the manual,

host:port

    The name/port of the ldap server (defaults to localhost:389 for ldap, and
localhost:636 for ldaps). To specify multiple, redundant LDAP servers, just list
all servers, separated by spaces. mod_auth_ldap will try connecting to each
server in turn, until it makes a successful connection.

My problem is that this is very vague, I have spent some time trying all sorts
of cominations of the server URL to no avail.

Anybody got a working example of multi-host LDAP?

thanks in advance

Steve Nisbet