httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] write prob in webdav
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 17:07:54 GMT
On 3/1/06, azeem ahmad <azeem81@msn.com> wrote:

> and i have deleted lockdb, changed dav permissions to
> drwxr-xr-x  2 apache apache 4096 Nov 29 04:27 dav
>
> restarted httpd
> but even neither apache is creating a lockdb nor the problem resolved

Check the error log again.  (You should be doing this constantly.)

If that doesn't help, you'll need to do something like "strace httpd
-X" to see what exact syscall is failing.

Oh, wait a second.  I didn't notice you also sent this to a fedora
list.  (That is impolite, by the way.  Try one list at a time.  Don't
scatter-shot to every available forum.)  This implies that the problem
is likely SELinux.  Try turning off SELinux and see if the problem
goes away.

Joshua.