httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gaƫl Lams" <>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] please help me!
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 09:21:07 GMT

> under SUSE 10. My idea is to name my localhost as Linux and a virtualhost
> with the domain "". So the computer (browser) respond when
> typing http://Linux and

From what I hope I understand from your post, you don't need to use
virtual host, as you're working only with one host,

So for the time being, forget about the virtual host configuration
(delete the file you created)

Just define in /etc/sysconfig/apache2 as your host name.

Let the Mambo folder in /srv/www/htdocs.

In Suse (I always found its apache's configuration a mess) you should
never modify directly httpd.conf. You should instead indicate in
/etc/sysconfig/apache2 a file in which you will put your own

For instance, in /etc/sysconfig/apache2, go to the apache include
files line and modify it like:

Then create the artenovias file in /etc/apache2 and add
 <Directory /srv/www/htdocs/Mambo>
 AllowOverride All

And add Linux in the hosts file of your PC (nothing to do with apache).

View raw message