httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wick, Daniel" <DPW...@Mail.Donaldson.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] how to make file download faster on apache web server
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 19:36:17 GMT
I doubt it's Apache's fault that it downloads slow from California.  I
would verify everything with that client and the network situation
between apache and that user.  Sounds like a slow net connection, or
other client issues.

--DW

________________________________

	From: Venkat Reddy Valluri
[mailto:venkat.valluri@quinnfable.com]
	Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 1:30 PM
	To: users@httpd.apache.org
	Subject: [users@httpd] how to make file download faster on
apache web server

	Hi,
	   I have one application which contians application
server(tomcat4.0.4) on App Lan and web server(apache2.0.40) on Web Lan
located  at ISP provider in newyork.
	  Here I am storing all the files of size around 60mb on
apllication server.

	when somebody(he is having broadband speed) from california
tired to download the file of size 60mb from the site, it took  around
70 minutes.

	but When I tried to download it from newjercey It took around 6
minutes.

	I didn't understand why it is taking that much time from
california.

	Is there any seeting in apache web server for fater file
downloads or do i need to do any thing on tomcat??

	can somebody throw some light on this

	Thanks in advance

	Thanks
	--Venkat