httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Errol Neal" <en...@dfi-intl.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Hardware Acceleration for SSL with Apache2
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:56:03 GMT
Does anyone have any experiences or suggestions they would like to
share? My company is exploring a two or three tier configuration where
https requests are terminated on a system running Apache2, utilizing
some sort of hardware accelerator to speed up processing. Apache will
then forward the request to an internal application server running
Weblogic and proxy the returned data to the client over the established
secure channel. I'm specifically interested in best practices, concepts,
do's, and don'ts when exploring this type of configuration as well as
what are some of the better performing cards out on the market today.

Thanks in advance,

Errol Neal