httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kenevel" <kene...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 2 Tomcat instances on one box: stop bouncing between them?
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:40:03 GMT
Clute, Andrew wrote:
> No.
>
> Actually, this started recently when we upgraded to 2.2 with
> mod_proxy_ajp from 2.0.X with mod_jk, and removed our stage site from
> being in SSL. Both are port 80.
>
> Does SSL have something to do with this?
>
> Andrew

Only insofar as if you've got two virtual hosts on the same box, you need
two IP addresses in order to use SSL, as Apache can't determine which
virtual host to use to handle the request until after the SSL handshake has
been done.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I still haven't got round to playing with
mod_proxy_ajp, mainly because the Tomcat docs on AJP were absolutely woeful.

Good luck,

Mike