httpd-users mailing list archives

From "TAYLOR, TIM \(CONTRACTOR\)" <TIM.TAY...@DFAS.MIL>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] The logic behind URL rewriting
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 16:25:25 GMT
Sanjay,
   I mean no disrespect, but I want you to know that I too have difficulty understanding

> => bbb.domain.com
> => https://www.bbb.domain.com/index.jsp
> => www.bbb.domain.com
> =>domain.com/bbb

I can't tell if these URL's are intended to be coming or going. I just want you know that
I don't think Boyle is being difficult. What you are asking is truly not clear.

regards,
tt
-----Original Message-----
From: Boyle Owen [mailto:Owen.Boyle@swx.com]
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 7:04 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] The logic behind URL rewriting

RedirectMatch uses Perl Compatible regular Expressions. This is a subject all on its own!
Get started at http://perldoc.perl.org/perlre.html

> I needed to tweak an apache expression matching to suit my subdomain's
> url rewriting .
>
>  <VirtualHost *>
>  ServerName aaa.domain.com
>  RedirectMatch (.*)\ .*$ https://www.domain.com/aaa$1
>        ------x-------

You've posted this several times and I've never yet fathomed what you're trying to do. Your
questions above and below indicate you don't know either :-)

> This match is confirming any url like below,
>
> => bbb.domain.com
> => https://www.bbb.domain.com/index.jsp
> => www.bbb.domain.com
> =>domain.com/bbb

I've no idea what you mean by this... How about you provide a single example session:

1) Example of what the user types in:

2) What the browser address should change to:

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> rediected to as following ,
>
> =>https://www.domain.com/bbb/index.jsp
> <http://www.domain.com/bbb/index.jsp>
> =>https://www.domain.com/bbb/ <http://www.domain.com/bbb/>
>

> Now i cann't figure out whats the function of $1 in the
> Redirectmatch here

$1 replays the first matched group in the regexp.

> Regards...
>

> Sa njay Saha
> Senior System Administrator
> http://www.sanjaysaha.in
>
> Cel=+919830223862

> To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the
> all new Yahoo! Security Centre
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/uk/taglines/default/security_cent
> re/*http://uk.security.yahoo.com/> .

the sender's company.