httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tom Cat" <stry...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Set Environmental Variable for PHP
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:47:33 GMT
I'm trying to set ORACLE_HOME so that PHP will connect to Oracle.

I first tried to stick the following into /etc/bashrc

ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_1
export ORACLE_HOME

That works fine for everyone on the box who has a shell, but the
apache user doesn't have a shell so this never gets run and apache
never figures out ORACLE_HOME.

So then I tried to stick the following into /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

SetEnv ORACLE_HOME /home/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_1

I restarted apache and I thought everything was good.  However it
wasn't.  B/c I restarted apache from my user's shell it picked up the
all the environmental vars from me.  When I had to reboot the box the
next day, the var wasn't set in spite of what is in httpd.conf.

So now I'm wondering what to do next.  This is on a RHEL 4 box.  Can
anyone help me?

Thanks in advance