httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] making Apache work with WebLogic
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 08:37:28 GMT
The fact that the run-time linker tries to look for the C library in the /sybase directory
only means that /sybase is in the search path.

On Solaris there are several ways of defining the search path for dynamic linking. First of
all there is a system default. Then a search path can be added to an application at compile
time. Finally, environment variables may add additional path elements to the run-time search
path.

libc.so is located in /usr/lib (/lib) which also happens to be the Solaris default search
path (run the "crle" command to verify). If the default search path does not contain /lib
or /usr/lib, you may either change the default path using "crle -u -l /lib:/usr/lib", or add
this path to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable prior to launching the application.

Additional reading:
man crle
man ld.so.1
man ld

-ascs

-----Original Message-----
From: Amalan, S [mailto:Sountharanayaga.Amalan@comverse.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 8:06 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] making Apache work with WebLogic

Alex,

OS = SunOS 5.8

Great idea re: truss.  I ran it and found the following in the output:

stat("/opt/SUNWspro/lib/libc.so.1", 0xFFBEF0BC) Err#2 ENOENT
stat("/usr/openwin/lib/libc.so.1", 0xFFBEF0BC)  Err#2 ENOENT
stat("/sybase/sybase11/lib/libc.so.1", 0xFFBEF0BC) Err#2 ENOENT  <- I
don't 		need Sybase, so I don't know why it was looking for this
lib
stat("/opt/IXImd12s/lib/libc.so.1", 0xFFBEF0BC) Err#2 ENOENT
stat("/lib/cmplrs/cob/coblib/libc.so.1", 0xFFBEF0BC) Err#2 ENOENT

I guess the missing libs are associated with C, but didn't see any
specific requirements from BEA regarding C libs to get their plug-in to
work.

I have started the ball rolling to get these libs installed (the dirs
exist, just these libs from the output above are missing), and once it
is done, I will try running Apache again.

Thanks much for the suggestion.

Amalan