httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Looking for some examples of how to use ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain ...
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 16:32:44 GMT

ServerName www.public.foobar.com
ProxyPass /foobar http://www.internal.foobar.com/
ProxyPassReverse /foobar http://www.internal.foobar.com/
ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain   .internal.foobar.com .public.foobar.com
ProxyPassReverseCookiePath / /foobar

What you should do is look at what cookies are returned by the back-end server, i.e. the Set-Cookie
headers, which contain the internal domain or path. Then you need to determine what the corresponding
public domain/path should be.

-ascs

________________________________

From: MATTHEW MCHUGH [mailto:mmchugh@arrow.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 5:00 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Looking for some examples of how to use ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain

Hello,

I am trying to find examples on how to use the ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain and ProxyPassReverseCookiePath
directives.  We proxy to an external environment (outside of our domain) and the application
is failing since it is looking for a different domain within the cookie.  We want to use the
above directives to rewrite the cookiedomains.  I am not sure what the directives should look
like?  Does anyone have an example of this or has anyone done this?  I know this is now available
with the 2.2 release, and with 2.0.54 with a patch, but I have not seen any examples of its
use on the web or newsgroups.

Please advise if anyone has used this and if I can get an example of it that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Matt