httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dotan Cohen" <dotanco...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] DocumentRoot problem
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 13:30:14 GMT
I seem to have both Apache and Apache2 installed on my Kubuntu 5.10 system:
root@ety:/etc/apache# ls /etc/apac<tab>
apache/  apache2/
root@ety:/etc/apache# ls /etc/apache

I need to change my DocumentRoot to /home/user/www from the current /var/www
I suspect that /etc/apache2/httpd.conf is not the right place because
it says so:
root@ety:/etc/apache# cat /etc/apache2/httpd.conf
# This is here for backwards compatability reasons and to support
#  installing 3rd party modules directly via apxs2, rather than
#  through the /etc/apache2/mods-{available,enabled} mechanism.
#
#LoadModule mod_placeholder /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_placeholder.so

But in any case, I did add the line:
DocumentRoot /home/dotancohen/www
However, this did not change my Docroot. I also changed this line in
/etc/apache/httpd.conf however it had no effect either- after
restarting the service, Docroot remained at /var/www

What must I do to change the docroot? Thank you.

Dotan Cohen
http://IE-Only.com