httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Venkat Reddy Valluri" <venkat.vall...@quinnfable.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] how to make file download faster on apache web server
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 19:49:02 GMT
Wick and  Sean
   Thanks for responding immediatley.  Thats' what I didn't understand.  Is there anything
to do with ISP location where our servers are located like max bandwidth or network router
issues
  Users from london and sweeden also getting the same issues

Thanks,
--Venkat

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Davis [mailto:sdavis2@mail.nih.gov]
Sent: Wed 3/8/2006 2:41 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] how to make file download faster on apache web server

On 3/8/06 2:30 PM, "Venkat Reddy Valluri" <venkat.valluri@quinnfable.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>    I have one application which contians application server(tomcat4.0.4) on
> App Lan and web server(apache2.0.40) on Web Lan located  at ISP provider in
> newyork.
>   Here I am storing all the files of size around 60mb on apllication server.
>
> when somebody(he is having broadband speed) from california tired to download
> the file of size 60mb from the site, it took  around 70 minutes.
>
> but When I tried to download it from newjercey It took around 6 minutes.
>
> I didn't understand why it is taking that much time from california.

It sounds like there might be some net congestion between wherever your
server is and California versus New Jersey if the server load wasn't
significantly different at the times of the two different downloads.  You
can't control net congestion from your server, but I'd be happy to hear
other thoughts on the issue.

Sean