httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kishore Jalleda" <kjall...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] php crashes with msyql
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 23:45:08 GMT
I am assuming this has to do with permissions on mysql

---- So is the client machine (from which you are loading the php page
through a browser) on a different box than the one on which mysql is
installed???, if so check to make sure that this client is allowed to access
the mysql server by giving appropriate permissions.....
--- What I am guessing is when you are calling the php script from CLI, you
may be on the same box on which mysql is installed, so may be the user is
allowed to connect from this boxand the script runs fine,  but fails when
run in a browser from the client machine....

if this does not solve the problem, the try this

so please answer these questions so that we could get a clearer idea....

-- what exactly do you mean when you say it crashes the apache thread??, do
you get a page not found, or does the page hang forever, or the browser
closes , etc
-- also please clarify this
-- so you can access mysql from the CLI using the same user as in the php
code right???
-- and your browser would load php pages which do not call mysql right ???
-- any hint from apache's error logs..
-- did u try turning on Display_Warnings, and Display_Errors in php.ini file
, and see if you can find smething
-- did u check mysql error logs, also do you have any tool which can monitor
mysql...

Kishore Jalleda