httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Crute" <mcr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] php crashes with msyql
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 22:57:25 GMT
On 3/21/06, Noah Silverman <noah@allresearch.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a mission critical problem that I cant seem to solve.  Can
> anyone help??
>
> I'll even offer $100 paypal if someone gives me the answer to solve
> this issue.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -N
>
> ------------------
>
> The issue:
>         when I load a php file in a browser that references mysql, it
> crashes the apache thread.
>
> The clues:
>         if I call the same php from the command line, it works perfectly!
>         If I call a php file that doesn't use mysql, it works perfectly!
>         The problem is only when calling a php file using mysql THROUGH A
> BROWSER.

Hmm... and for the $100 question... your answer probably lies in the
fact that there are 2 PHP config files one for cli and one for
apache... on gentoo these are in /etc/php... check there and see if
copying the contents of the cli folder to the apache2 folder works.

My other thought would be try using Apache 2.0.55 which is the last
stable version of the 2.0x line.

-Mike

--
Michael E. Crute

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
--Douglas Adams