httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Dewhirst <mi...@dewhirst.com.au>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Newbie Help
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 06:09:13 GMT
John Barrett wrote:
> Hi,
> I am hoping somebody could point me to a good book for learning how  to
> configure Apache 2?

I bought Apache Security by Ivan Ristic published by O'Reilly. I too am
a newbie and I found it excellent.

> I am brand new to using Apache. I just got a mac powerbook, but want  to
> use apache 2 over the default of Apache 1.3.
> Therefore, I want to learn how to make Apache 2 run the system. I did  a
> package install so it installed Apache 2 in a different location.

You can install it wherever you like on Linux or Windows. I don't know
much about Mac except that it runs on a version of Unix (BSD?) which
probably means you can put it wherever you like on a Mac too.

Good luck

Mike