httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ricardo Stella <ste...@rider.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache-1.3.34 + openldap authentication... anyone who has a working setup? (RE: auth_ldap worked in apache-1.3.34)
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:01:31 GMT

jay alvarez wrote:

> */Ricardo Stella <stella@rider.edu>/* wrote:
>

>     AFAIK, there are several implementations of auth_ldap. Which one are
>     you referring to ?
>
>     --
>
> I'm talking about the implementation found here:
> http://www.rudedog.org/auth_ldap/
>
> Anyway, if you know any other implementation that works flawlessly
> with apache1.3.34, please tell me... I'm desperate...

Do you have the module compiled and installed or need help there ?
There's a mailing list and archives available.  I've been using it with
the Netscape 4.x SDKs in Solaris SPARC, and with OpenLDAP under Solaris x86.

It's then as simple as adding:

AuthName "LDAP Authenticated area"
AuthType Basic
AuthLDAPURL ldap://site.domain:389/o=mybasedn?uid?sub?
require valid-user

There's also Muquit's version at www.muquit.com

--