httpd-users mailing list archives

From Robert Ionescu <robsie...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2 - how to disable "dummy internal connection" requests?
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 23:39:40 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> I'm unfamiliar with what MPM is doing this,

Every MPM using POD (pipe of death). It's defined in /server/mpm_common.c:

| This function connects to the server, then immediately closes the
| connection.
| This permits the MPM to skip the poll when there is only one listening
| socket, because it provides a alternate way to unblock an accept()
| when the pod is used.

BTW to OP: No, downgrading to 2.0 won't help; the function
dummy_connection exists in the 2.0 branch, too. The only difference is
that it is not logged as "internal dummy connection".
-> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=230808&view=rev

--
Robert