httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sam Nilsson <li...@servingpeace.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy_balance sticky sessions without cookies?
Date Sun, 19 Mar 2006 21:36:56 GMT
Oliver.Schaudt@unilog.de wrote:
> Hi Sam,
>
> i have had the same problem and i
> resolve it for me with a source
> change inside "mod_proxy_balancer.c"
>
> In the function "get_path_param"
> i made the stickyness parameter from
> the apache config [JESSIONID] lowercase,
> because here you will get everytime
> the identifier as "jsessionid".
>
> If is anybody out there which knows some
> better and easier way, i am glad to know it.
>
> Greetings
>
> Oliver

Thanks Oliver,

Your reply prompted me to look at the relevant code which is exactly
where I need to start I believe. Now I know that mod_proxy_balancer does
inspect the URL looking for a session id parameter which is the most
important thing.

I still don't really understand why it isn't working. Are you saying
that mod_proxy_balancer sees only lowercase URL parameter names? So that
'SID' won't work but 'sid' will? Do you know why this is?

If it is not too inconvenient, can you send your patch details so that I
can see exactly what change you made in mod_proxy_balancer.c?

Thanks for your help,
- Sam