httpd-users mailing list archives

From Robert Ionescu <robsie...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite problem
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2006 04:35:30 GMT
Matthew Claridge wrote:

> The problem is that our URLs include hashes ('#'), which are escaped as
> '%23' in the actual URL. What seems to be happening, from looking at the
> rewrite log file, is that Apache successfully processes all those
> rewrite rules, but in the process of actually processing the initial
> request, converts all the %23s to #s. At the end of the process, apache
> passes the url to resin with the #s in place. Unfortunately, Resin falls
> over if you put hashes in the URL!
>
> So, I need to do one of two things:
[...]
> 2. Get mod_rewrite to replace all the #s with %23s again!

There are some bugs; the substitution is not escaped again while passing
the string to mod_proxy. AFAICR there is a patch for mod_rewrite.c
available in the bugzilla database.

You might also try to use a RewriteMap with the internal function
'escape' (int:escape) in order to escape your substitution.

--
Robert