httpd-users mailing list archives

From Frans Knibbe <fr...@geodan.nl>
Subject [users@httpd] RlimitNPROC
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 13:49:22 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to use the RLimitNPROC directive to limit the number of CGI
processes that can run at the same time. To test this, I added the
directive to httpd.conf like this:

<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride None
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    RlimitNPROC 4 4
</Directory>

But after restarting the HTTP server, I could easily get more than 4
executables from the cgi-bin directory to run. How is this possible? Am
I using the right method to limit the number of specific CGI processes
that can be spawned by Apache?

I am using Apache 2.0.55 on windows XP.

By the way, I have found a few similar questions to mine on the web, but
none of them were ever answered, so I assume some other people will be
interested in this as well.

Regards,

Frans