httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jacqui Caren <jacqui.ca...@ntlworld.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Why doesn't Apache bind socket to vhost's IP addr.?
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 16:27:01 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 March 2006 13:39, Ralph.Grothe@itdz-berlin.de wrote:
>>Is there a way to restrict the forked servers for this vhost
>>while keeping the higher numbers for the public webserver?
> That doesn't make sense.  None of your children are "for" either
> this vhost or the public webserver; they just serve whatever requests
> they receive.

As nick pointed out this does not make sense as the vhost is only
known after the connection is established.

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: www.foo.tld

If you really want this, then run two server process pools on two IP's.
Note that a virtual reverse proxy may help but because apache has a
connection queue, you may end up with more front end connections than
the "limited" backend can handle - if you get the timeouts wrong.

There are other options and I am sure someone will chime in :-)

Jacqui