httpd-users mailing list archives

From Noah Silverman <n...@allresearch.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] php crashes with msyql
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 03:57:43 GMT
William,

I regret the accusations.

i am an accomplished developer working for a major firm.  This was
going to be a simple task of updating apache to 2.2.  Something along
the way got screwed up.  I've spent close to 24 hours on this with no
sleep.  We, of course, tried this on a test sever before touching the
production one.  The weird thing is that it worked perfectly on the
test machine.

The server in question is a KEY webserver used by our clients to
access their accounts.  Our customer support system is flooded with
people who are upset about the server being down.  Myself, and all
the other parties concerned, would consider the loss of a key
webserver to be "mission critical".

The definition of spam is "unsolicited commercial e-maill".  This is
nothing of the sort.  It is not an attempt to sell anyhing, or scam
anyone.  I am simply asking for help in the correct forum.  I cross-
posted because the lists have different audiences.  Not everybody
reads all the lists. You may personally like the nature of my
request, that but that is no reason to crucify, threaten, or insult
me.   I am professional who has run into an issue that he can't solve
and asked for help.  How am I the one breaching etiquette??

-N