httpd-users mailing list archives

From "John Walton" <listser...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] .htaccess and case-insensitive regular expression matching
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 20:06:39 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to create a .htaccess file that will reside in an /images
directory.  I want the .htaccess file to only deny access to everything
EXCEPT image files (gif, jpg, bmp, png, etc).  I've searched the web, apache
manual, and PCRE manual for hours but for the life of me I can't get the
regular expression to do a case-insensitive match with the FilesMatch
directive.  The file I created below does this trick so long as the file
extension is lower-case.  I tried changing the regular expression below to
"(?i)\.(gif|jpe?g|png|bmp)$" and "\.(?i:gif|jpe?g|png|bmp)$" but that causes
an internal server error.  The web server is running Apache 1.3 on FreeBSD
4.7.

.htaccess file:
Deny from all
<FilesMatch "\.(gif|jpe?g|png|bmp)$">