httpd-users mailing list archives

From dnk <mailingli...@backbonetechnology.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] .htaccess will not accept password [dnk]
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:51:43 GMT

On 26-Mar-06, at 10:39 PM, Boyle Owen wrote:

> Everything looks OK to me - so I can only guess you're typing in
> the wrong password... You don't have the caps-lock on by any
> chance? Could it have been on when you typed in the password during
> the htpasswd command? To be sure, recreate the password file with
> the PW on the command line:
>
> # htpasswd -b -c /path/to/.pwFile username pwd
>
> To get it going, choose a *really* simple password, like "x"..
>
> Rgds,
> Owen Boyle

Yeah I had thought of that and tried that a few times. Never the less
--- it is the same results. It is really perplexing.... driving me
quite insane. I have done these things a million times and could not
see what the issue could be. There are other files and such working
just fine on this box - so I am quite positive that the machine is fine.