httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Terry Burton" <...@terryburton.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Global and virtual host log configuration
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:40:59 GMT
Hi,

I am running hundreds of virtual hosts on httpd server and each
virtual host successfully writes its own access log file to an
appropriate place.

In addition to these virtual host logs, I would also like to generate
a global access log to a pipe (for logging to MySQL). Adding an
additional CustomLog directive to each virtual host launches a logger
program (attached to the pipe) for _each_virtual host_ which is
unacceptable.

In a typical configuration httpd overrides the main CustomLog settings
with those found in virtual hosts. What I need is a way to specify the
main CustomLog such that it is not overridden, but rather
complemented, by further CustomLog directives in the virtual hosts.
This way I have a _single_pipe_logger_ capturing everything, as well
as the usual virtual host log files.

Hope you can help.

Thanks,

Tez