httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Manilal K M" <libreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Basic Authentication not working in Gentoo Linux
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:45:50 GMT
On 14/03/06, Boyle Owen <Owen.Boyle@swx.com> wrote:
> Another point:
>
> Are you sure you are accessing the resource via this VH? I notice it's a cgi-bin directory...
Is there another VH container that could be allowing access via a ScriptAlias or something?
There is no other virtual host. But a scriptalias tag which is described below.

> The point I'm making is that your access control is only valid in the scope of <VirtualHost
anaconda.localhost.com:80>
yes. I am trying to access like this:
http://anaconda.localhost.com/cgi-bin/BackupPC/BackupPC_Admin

> BTW - I guess you are obscuring a real domain name there? NB - it's a bad idea to put
a FQDN in a VH, it's better to use an IP address (with an FQDN, apache needs functinal DNS
to start. And it's slower).
I have just hide the original domain name due to security issues

I have a ScriptAlias directive like this :
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/localhost/cgi-bin/
When I commented it then another error occured "404 Not Found"

if this directive is uncommented then again it doesn't ask for authentication.

regards
Manilal