httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Matthews" <paul.matth...@cathedral.qld.edu.au>
Subject [users@httpd] openldap on Apache 2.2
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2006 01:52:45 GMT
hi there,

I've just upgraded to Fedora core 5 with apache 2.2 and I'm trying to get
apache working with ldap, but with the upgrade the old httpd.conf file
doesn't seam to work.

I've added the following lines to my httpd.conf file

<Directory /var/www/html/openldap>
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Case Network ID"
AuthLDAPURL "ldap://127.0.0.1/ou=people,dc=fedora,dc=directory,dc=server"
AuthLDAPBindDN "uid=root,ou=people,dc=fedora,dc=directory,dc=server"
AuthLDAPBindPassword "your-openldap-password"
# All users in openldap
require valid-user
</Directory>

the same lines i added to my apache 2.0 server, but that doesn't seam to
work. can someone help me out I've search the net but I'm guessing
apache's 2.2 server is fairly new and there doesn't seam to be a lot of
information out there about it.

i want all valid-users to be able to authenticate