httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sanjay Saha <sanjaydots...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Redirect different pages
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 04:49:00 GMT
  Hi Arturo ,

  If i rephrase your question,
  You would be redirecting to a different url (www.example.com) to whoever connects to your
webserver (www.prueba.com) . But you were asking for
  redirecting to different pages ( that would generally mean to pages on the same server )
. You should understand they are different
  as they would be performing different roles . Nevertheless one best way to achieve this
has both the above mentioned roles possible .

  Inside the apache2.conf file , at relevant place

  Redirect Permanent /index.html http://example.com/index.html

  This will redirect whoever connects to "www.prueba.com/index.html" to the new "www.example.com/index.html
" . Used basically to redirect to different pages when the old pages has expired and needed
to redirect .

  Besides there are numerous other methods .
  I suggest have a good read to :
  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/

  Regards..

"TAYLOR, TIM (CONTRACTOR)" <TIM.TAYLOR@DFAS.MIL> wrote:       John,
    I suggest you try Apache: The Definitive Guide  by Laurie brothers.

 regards,
 tt