httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Lazic <>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite and Location(Match)?
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:43:19 GMT

On Die 28.03.2006 09:17, Joshua Slive wrote:
>On 3/28/06, Alexander Lazic <> wrote:
>> But when i deaktivate the RewriteRule in the VirtualHost and aktivate
>> in the global Scope the apache make the request to the Appserver.
>That's a confusing problem description, but I think what you want is
>RewriteEngine On
>RewriteOptions inherit
>in the <VirtualHost> container.

After rereading you are right, sorry :-(

I try to make it cleaner.

With LocationMatch i can make a basic-auth area:

<LocationMatch "apps/test">
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "Auth-Part"
  AuthUserFile /usr/local/apache/conf/.auth1htpasswd
  AuthGroupFile /usr/local/apache/conf/.auth1htgroup

  <Limit GET POST>
    require group authgr1

How can i make this similar for a part of query-string?

As the doc say it is impossible with LocationMatch:

For all origin (non-proxy) requests, the URL to be matched is a URL-path
of the form /path/. No scheme, hostname, port, or query string may be
included. For proxy requests, the URL to be matched is of the form
scheme://servername/path, and you must include the prefix.

See <URL:> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
   "   from the digest:
For additional commands, e-mail: