httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] php crashes with msyql
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 02:39:18 GMT
On Wednesday 22 March 2006 01:23, Noah Silverman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a mission critical problem that I cant seem to solve.  Can
> anyone help??
>
> I'll even offer $100 paypal if someone gives me the answer to solve
> this issue.

If it's mission-critical, consider paying a professional rate.

> The issue:
> 	when I load a php file in a browser that references mysql, it
> crashes the apache thread.

PHP?  Thread?  Bad news.

> The clues:
> 	if I call the same php from the command line, it works perfectly!
> 	If I call a php file that doesn't use mysql, it works perfectly!
> 	The problem is only when calling a php file using mysql THROUGH A
> BROWSER.

Underspecified problem.  What's the traceback?

> The environment
> 	slackware with kernel 2.6.11.8
> 	php 5.1.2
> 	apache 2.2.0
> 	mysql 4.1.18 (pre-compiled downloaded from mysql.com)

I should try ldd on all the binaries involved.  You might, for example,
have more than one version of the mysql client library linked.
Apache 2.2 links the threadsafe libmysqlclient_r version if
compiled with mysql support.

--
Nick Kew