httpd-users mailing list archives

From Atle Veka <>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Dynamic proxying with mod_rewrite, problems with reverse proxy
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 07:02:19 GMT
Trying a mid-week repost... Seems to me it would be beneficial to be able
to do reverse proxying with mod_rewrite without adding specific
ProxyPassReverse directives.

Flying Crocodile Inc, Unix Systems Administrator

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006, Atle Veka wrote:

> Hi, I have run into a snag with mod_rewrite and proxying. I want to
> have a RewriteRule that proxies a dynamic site (based on a map) which
> works fine except that I need reverse proxying turned on. So far I have
> not been able to come up with a solution. Any ideas, other than specifying
> ProxyPassReverse directives (which if I have to do that I might as well
> just use mod_proxy and ditch the dynamic part)?
> Problems arise when the backend server sends a 301 redirect, causing the
> browser to attempt to bypass the proxy as mod_rewrite isn't modifying the
> 301.
> I'm using Apache 1.3.33 on FreeBSD.
> Thanks,
> Atle
> -
> Flying Crocodile Inc, Unix Systems Administrator

See <URL:> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
   "   from the digest:
For additional commands, e-mail: