httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Pat <cpa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] modjk two-way
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 16:17:33 GMT
Hi Nick
Sorry for the confusion, however you understand it perfectly.  It is as you restated it.
I was not aware of those technologies and how they interact with apache-tomcat.  That is precisely
the architecture I need.  I will now pursue them.  Anything else you can provide for my, necessary
grin, clarification would be even more greately appreciated.  Thank  you.

Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote: On Monday 13 March 2006 14:19, Chris Pat wrote:
> Hello
> Is it possible/how to create a page that displays a
> jsp within an html page that is served by apache in an
> apache-tomcat deployment?  I dont want to use frames
> in the technical sense but in a pictorial sense.  I
> want the header/footer, left and right to be displayed
> by apache and the "center" to be provided by tomcat.

Erm, that looks like a very confused question.

> To my understanding this is not possible in an
> apache-tomcat deployment, b/c any *.jsp is going to
> given entirely over to tomcat.  Any enlightment would
> be greately appreciated.

Something has to generate the page, and that something
is either apache or tomcat.  Or an extension of one of them.

Do you mean you want a page assembled on apache but
including some contents from tomcat?  If so, you could use
mod_publisher to assemble the contents, or (if it's JSP2)
use the XMLNS framework and write a provider for JSP
to query tomcat.

--
Nick Kew