httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] modjk two-way
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 15:47:07 GMT
On Monday 13 March 2006 14:19, Chris Pat wrote:
> Hello
> Is it possible/how to create a page that displays a
> jsp within an html page that is served by apache in an
> apache-tomcat deployment?  I dont want to use frames
> in the technical sense but in a pictorial sense.  I
> want the header/footer, left and right to be displayed
> by apache and the "center" to be provided by tomcat.

Erm, that looks like a very confused question.

> To my understanding this is not possible in an
> apache-tomcat deployment, b/c any *.jsp is going to
> given entirely over to tomcat.  Any enlightment would
> be greately appreciated.

Something has to generate the page, and that something
is either apache or tomcat.  Or an extension of one of them.

Do you mean you want a page assembled on apache but
including some contents from tomcat?  If so, you could use
mod_publisher to assemble the contents, or (if it's JSP2)
use the XMLNS framework and write a provider for JSP
to query tomcat.

--
Nick Kew