httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Graham Frank" <gfr...@neoservers.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Two versions of Apache
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Check for the file /etc/rc.d./init.d/httpd

If it exists, then go ahead and edit it with any text editor and change the httpd path.  That
way, it will start your custom apache instead of the one which came with your os.

-Graham

-----Original Message-----

From:  Roger <roger@mirasol.co.za>
Subj:  [users@httpd] Two versions of Apache
Date:  Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:33 am
Size:  670 bytes
To:  users@httpd.apache.org

       I installed Apache 2 on Fedora this Saturday.I have a problem, whenever i restart my
machine, it starts up the default httpd service that comes with Fedora, meaning i have two
versions running and i have to shut down the default httpd then go to

 /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start.

 I find this very cumbersome to do, how can i remove the default httpd so that whenever i
start or run Linux, it uses the newer version!