httpd-users mailing list archives

From Atle Veka <at...@flyingcroc.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Dynamic proxying with mod_rewrite, problems with reverse proxy
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2006 01:22:29 GMT
Hi, I have run into a snag with mod_rewrite and proxying. I want to
have a RewriteRule that proxies a dynamic site (based on a map) which
works fine except that I need reverse proxying turned on. So far I have
not been able to come up with a solution. Any ideas, other than specifying
ProxyPassReverse directives (which if I have to do that I might as well
just use mod_proxy and ditch the dynamic part)?

Problems arise when the backend server sends a 301 redirect, causing the
browser to attempt to bypass the proxy as mod_rewrite isn't modifying the
301.

I'm using Apache 1.3.33 on FreeBSD.

Thanks,
Atle
-
Flying Crocodile Inc, Unix Systems Administrator