httpd-users mailing list archives

From Carmon Colvin <b_carmon_col...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Newbie with Install Problem
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2006 05:39:42 GMT
List,
I am trying to install Apache HTTP Server 2.0.55 on to Windows 2000 Pro using the MSI installer.

The installation wizard opens with the "Welcome to the Installation ....."  screen.
It reads "Apache HTTP Server 2.0.55 Setup is preparing the Installation Wizard which will
guide you through the program setup process.  Please wait."

The "<Back" and "Next>" buttons are grayed out.  The "Cancel" button is the only one
enabled.  It will sit like this, seemingly forever.  I have to assume that more than an hour
is plenty for it to gather whatever information it needs to begin the installation.

At this point when I click "Cancel" I get a dialog box asking "Are you sure you want to cancel
Apache HTTP Server 2.0 installation?.  Clicking "Yes" or "No" produces the same effect.  The
dialog box goes away and the installation wizard becomes unresponsive.  It will stay in this
state until I kill the Wizard through Task Manager.

I have verified that I am running msiexec version V 3.01.4000.1823. and I have rebooted countless
times and have Googled my fingers off before I joined this list.  After attempting to run
the installer a few times I searched the system registry for any occurance of "apache" and
nothing was found.

Thanks.

B. Carmon Colvin

 Yahoo! Mail