httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tony Davies <tony.dav...@phoenixphire.org>
Subject [users@httpd] SSLVerifyClient require in Virtual Host
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 23:59:17 GMT
Hi,

I am running Apache 2.0.55 on a Linux From Scratch box.

I am trying to get an entire virtual host to get an entire virtual host to use client certificates
to authenticate, however I can only get it to work on <Location /> directive (I havent
tried <Directory>) which forces a renogiate.

This is fine for things like Firefox which can handle the renogiation, however I plan on turning
this virtual host into a subversion repository and havent been able to get renogiation to
work with the svn client or javasvn (but that is a whole other problem).

The subversion2.phoenixphire.org-ssl.log verifies that a client certificate isnt being sent
with my configuration. After running some tests with SSLVerifyClient require in a <Location
/> directive I can verify that firefox does send a client certificat after a renogiation.

Is this a bug? The Apache 2.0 documentation says that this is valid and should work (The howto
on the apache site for this also says this should work).

Cheers,

Phoenix

My virtual host config is as follows:

<VirtualHost *:443>
        ServerName subversion2.phoenixphire.org
        DocumentRoot /srv/www/subversion2.phoenixphire.org

        ErrorLog /var/log/apache/subversion2.phoenixphire.org-error.log
        CustomLog /var/log/apache/subversion2.phoenixphire.org-access.log common
        CustomLog /var/log/apache/subversion2.phoenixphire.org-ssl.log "%t %{SSL_CLIENT_I_DN_CN}x
%{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_CN}x"

        SSLCACertificateFile /srv/www/ca.crt
        SSLVerifyClient require
        SSLVerifyDepth 1