httpd-users mailing list archives

From Roger <ro...@mirasol.co.za>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 13:17:55 GMT
I had written earlier, OK my advice was not the best i hadn't read
fully.

This is what you need to do. Apache is not finding the right directory
index, by default it is index.html, so you do the llok for the index
specification and then it should look something like this:

<IfModule dir_module>
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php
</IfModule>

I altered mine so it looks for either index.html index.htm or index .php

So in your directory website, your first page, i.e the page that user
are redirected must index.* or any of the above extensions.

Hope that this makes sense finally.

Regards

Roger

"Personally i think there is everything else and then there is Apache"